Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why????

It has happened . . . Alex has begun the "Why Stage"! If Alan or I tell him something, he ponders what we tell him for a moment and then he asks "Why?". So far, we can explain why we have told him something and he accepts it. I am sure it is only a matter of time before he will not accept our explanations and I will be left trying to figure out better explanations. It is scary and rewarding all at the same time when you start to realize that it is only a matter of time before your child is smarter than you are.

1 comment:

maskedbadger said...

this is when you explain about the C.H.U.D.s. for example:

"but why can't i go into the basement by myself?"

"because the C.H.U.D.s live there and they will eat you. even your bones. and nobody wants that."

"oh. i see. even my bones?"

"yep. especially your bones. they provide plenty of calcium for cannibalistic sorts."

"okay, then. no basement for me."

note: please do not use the C.H.U.D.s to deter exploration of attics or out of doors areas, as C.H.U.D.s are underground creatures who shy away from direct sunlight and do not know how to navigate attic pull down stairs.