Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bizarre New Toy


So, we have realized that there are some really bizarre toys out there. We have seen miniature ATM machines that require a "debit card" to give you money, life-size "babies" that cry and "wet" their diapers, and McDonald's cash registers that teach young minds how to ring up plastic containers of fries that would probably last the same amount of time as the real versions. But this toy that Alex loves drives his mommy crazy!
It is developmental and it rolls all around, encouraging him to chase it. It has a high pitched woman singing a song and beckoning my baby to "come and play with me. . . roll me!" It rolls all around the hardwoods in a schizophrenic nature and I am wondering if toys like this lead to ADHD in children. But, I am assured it is all developmental and Alex does seem to love the lights, music and singing. So, I will enjoy watching his excitement when he chases after it.
The lighting on this short video is very poor, but you can get an idea of the toy's nature from it! :)


4 comments:

Mauby said...

I think that toy would drive me crazy as well!

maskedbadger said...

you could get about the same thing with a dachshund, a flashlight and some duct tape and a few dog snacks. just in case that toy "breaks" the way dad's guitar did and the child needs a new toy quickly.

made2mama said...

A pretty price comes with those toys too. I was looking at buying Brianna fridge phonics and realized everything Leapfrog and educational is $20 and up. I guess I would have known this a long time ago if it weren't for the grandparents buying this stuff;)

Whitney said...

That video is hilarious!